Objective: footwear designer 1
Academy Art University: San Francisco, CA
Master of Fine Arts, Industrial Design:
Athletic footwear design
- Designed signature product inspired by Bruce Lee lifestyle and philosophy
- Created factory ready tech pack
Fashion footwear design
- Designed 15 piece fall 2014 footwear collection.
- Inspired by Greek mythology.
- Consisted of boots, sneakers, and heels.
Kasaya back pack, Thesis Project
Minamlist aesthetic for work place appearance.
Helps urban commuters run to and from work.
Closure system prevents bounce while running.
Tailored strapping system hugs body during runs.
Welcome Insole Mat, Product Design 3
Welcome mat using discarded outsoles.
Reuse of outsoles prevent landfill waste.
Knee Brace, Product Design 2
Knee protection solution for professional skier Lindsey Vonn.
Inspired by Ford Mustang (aerodynamics, paint).
Tea Pot, Product Design 1
Form inspired by natural curvatures and movement.
Paint inspired by motor sport.
Shop tool basics, color theory, aesthetic sensibilities.
Lace up: The Ultimate Sneaker Challenge, Portland OR,
Creative Consultant for sneaker webseries
- Led teams consisting of product, color and brand designers to develop and execute projects based on weekly celebrity footwear challenges.
- Worked with producers, directors, and photographers to develop presentations and visuals.
-Product, packaging, marketing, and presentations completed in 7 day period.
-Series is currently featured on Youtube Red.
-Redesigned the " Adidas Superstar" with updated colors and materials to reflect actor Anthony Anderson's love of rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious Big.
-The left shoe represents Tupac through straight forward color, material and construction.
-The right shoe was inspired by Notorious Big through lavish finishes, jewel tones, thick sock liner and padded tongue.
-Served as brand designer to re imagine the " Adidas Pure Boost Expose" running shoe as a fashion heel for model Ashley Graham, while maintaining sneaker visual cues.
-Product was inspired by re imagining Ashley Graham as a body activist super hero.
-Created a mild mannered daytime look and daring super hero look.
-Designed companion comic book.
- Designed lifestyle product for rapper Fetty Wap using Adidas "Stan Smith" Tooling.
-Closure system inspired by Fetty's CD sales from car trunk.
- Colorway inspired by Fetty's loyalty to friends depicted through wolf inspired colorway.
- Created colorstory for Damian Lillard using " Adidas Dame 3" sneaker.
- Crafted story to reflect Dame's love of professional wrestling.
- Created graphics, characters, and animations for presentation.
- Designed packaging inspired by wrestling ring.
-Designed Adidas product by dissecting several Adidas sneakers to create a new shoe for food personality Eddie Huang.
- Product inspired by Eddies many professions: (author, food personality, restaurateur, writer).
-An element from each Adidas sneaker was used to represent each one of his professions.
- Used "Adidas 4D Future Craft" tooling to create running shoe for actress Jamie Chung.
- Inspired by boundless performance.
- Lacing system offered limitless options for fit, color spectrum, and seamless performance.
- Designed basketball sneaker for All- Star point guard James Harden.
- Used Hardens unexpected style of play to re imagine him as a magician: "The Great Hardini".
- Magician concept inspired transitioning of panels, materials, and colors, in unexpected ways
- Point of purchase displays, 30 second commercial, and packaging featuring stripe magic and trap doors all inspired by " The Gread Hardini" concept.
- James harden is scheduled to wear product during 2017-2018 NBA season.
Pensole Footwear Design Academy, Portland OR,
Fueling the Future of Footwear
- Selected as 1 of 1,300 for program sponsored by Footlocker and Asics.
- Collaborated with Footlocker executives to design an Asics Gel Light 3 colorstory.
-Led team to 2nd place finish.
FN Platform Challenge
- Selected as 1 of 600 for program sponsored by largest footwear trade show in the US.
-led team of 3 designers and color material designer to first place finish.
- Designed marketing campaign, logos, fonts, packaging, slogan, and distribution strategy.
World Sneaker Championship
- Selected as 1 of 800 for program sponsored by Nike, Jordan, Adidas, Undefeated, Asics, Target, and Brooks.
-Designed lifestyle performance product for Undefeated.
-Used detailed research on consumer history, lifestyle, and performance needs.
-Finished second overall.
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
B.S. Business Marketing
- Focus on market research, demographics, advertising, and branding.
- Operate sneakers inspired print company.
- Created branding, print design, website, and out of box experience.
Free Lance Designers
- TP Mocs, San Francisco
-Designed contemporary Native American moccasins with traditional practices.
-Established direction, through branding, product design, and packaging.
- Poron, Connecticut
-Designed visuals that illustrates TRX flexibility and protection.
-Discussed client needs and visual direction.
-Assisted in branding and roll out of product.
- Big Cat, San Francisco
- Designed graphics and developed color strategy for street wear brand.
- Executed design vision brand message, and web presence.
Deals Plus, San Jose
Social Media Manager
- Responsible for creating social media awareness of website.
- Created social media content and contests to engage users.
- Responsible for 25% growth in 3 years.
Maxim Integrated Circuits, Sunnyvale
Product Line Manager
- Responsible for integrated circuit product line of over $250K.
-Managed production dates of Integrated circuits.
- Communicated with account managers and engineers on completion dates.
- Products completed with 95% accuracy.
Enterprise Rent a Car, Santa Clara
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, SolidWorks, Rhino, Alias, Sketchbook Pro, Wacom / Cintiq, Windows, OSX
3D Modeling, Design Sketching ( analog + Digital), Tech Packs, Model Making, Sewing
2015 Twoten Footwear Scholarship Winner
Pensole 2015 Fueling the Future of Footwear (runner up)
Pensole 2015 Future of Footwear Winner ( branding category)
Pensole 2014 World Sneaker Championship Semifinals
Pensole 2013 Future of Footwear Winner ( lifestyle category)